Sunday, October 18, 2009

Children's Room Mural

Here's the mural I designed & painted in my daughters room last October, about 24 hours before my due date (luckily she came 5 days late, much like her mother to every event she has ever been invited to, haha.) I had a lot of fun decorating her room trying to use found objects (a.k.a. trashpicking) & things I already owned. The only thing I bought was the paint.

Oh, wait, I just remembered I bought her rug at Pottery Barn, which pretty much cancels out any savings I achieved through trashpicking.  

We have a ritual of saying goodnight to the owl before bedtime, where I would tell her to kiss him, say goodbye, etc....which is just my way of saying: LISTEN BABY, I PAINTED THIS OWL FOR YOU AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT, OKAY??

So far, so good.



2 comments:

  1. wow! I just loved it!
    you painted it all by yourself?

    haha for sure you ran out of money because of that rug! lol
    I'm currently decorating my baby's room so you just have helped me a lot! I mean.. for inspiration you know??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I don’t know, but it reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake. Haha! Well, that’s maybe because of the vibrant setting that this mural created on your daughter’s room. My little girls will really be delighted to have a room like this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...