Friday, January 22, 2010

Lotus Painting


At exactly this time three years ago, my water broke and I was hurrying off to the hospital to have my sweet little Selena Lotus. I would say the time flew so fast, but it feels even longer than three years, because I have changed so much since then. 

In honor of my daughter's 3rd Birthday, I am sharing this painting I made for her room, completed a few days before she was born. I didn't go all crazy coming up with a "theme" or decorating her nursery (how un-artsy of me, I know), actually, this was the only thing on her wall. And while it isn't stereotypical baby room art, she loved staring at it when she was a newborn, the high contrasts made it a great infant-stimulation image :)



Acrylic on Canvas 16 x20 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...