Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Party Invite






I couldn't let October end without acknowledging Halloween, my absolute favorite holiday to design products for (and sadly, who's glory is short-lived, to be quickly overshadowed by Christmas). Black, orange, purple, creepy characters, black cats...love it!

This is the invite I made for my daughter's Birthday this month, it's not too scary for a 3 year old's party, right??

 I made the front illustration in Illustrator, but wasn't happy with it, so I decided to try something new, and take the file into Photoshop to add some textures and effects.
 


here's my illustrator file:

(ahhhh! shield your eyes, it's hideous!)



And here it is, post-photoshop magic:



This is the original inside, scrapped because it was too hard to read and would waste way too much printer ink:



And the final inside:


To save time, I used a free, vector "frame" from Vecteezy for the inside. Sometimes, there is just not enough time to draw each and every element, that's when graphic designer Lauren takes over :) I loved this particular border and you can't argue with free. 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...