Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Scenes from the Sketchbook Project Philadelphia 2012







At the end of August, I had a fantastic time attending the Philly stop of the Sketchbook Project World 2012 tour. I lost track of the number of sketchbooks I got to browse through - it was incredibly inspiring to see books with all different medias- drawings, painting, words, sewing, collage, digital and more. 


My tour buddy was super-talented Highlights illustrator, Chuck Dillon. Hi Chuck! Here he is creating some tour mail to send along to people at future destinations of the tour.


 And the first sketchbook randomly suggested for me to read was my own, lol, it was nice to get re-aquainted with it :)


One of the most clever books I checked out was "Forks & Spoons" by Steph Calinski. It was filled with Forks & spoons engaging in all types of social situations.


 This cool book from Spain had braille imprinted on every page

And my favorite book of all was by a woman who claimed not to be an artist, but filled her book with adorable drawings, collage, personal writings and inspiring quotes. This page says "a good book has no ending..."
See you next year, Sketchbook Project!
PS- There's still time to be part of the fun & sign up for the 2013 tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...