Thursday, June 9, 2011

Art Nouveau Patterns

Have I mentioned how OBSESSED I am with Art Nouveau?? In my opinion, it's by far the best art period ever (take that, Italian Renaissance!). For the last few days, I have had the extreme pleasure of browsing a large collection of vintage public domain art, then creating new patterns based on little bits and pieces of some, merging them with textures of others, changing colors....you get the picture.

These were done for my work, and will hopefully make it on some stationery products.


 Here's an example of an original:


And here is the pattern I created with it:


Here are some more:


And here is one I made quickly using my own art, using some little doodles I scanned in:

(shhhhh, don't tell my boss, I was supposed to use public domain art , hehe:))




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...